Home Features of Settlers Ridge
Quality Construction Features
- Poured 20mpa concrete basement walls with heavy duty damp proofing & weeping tiles. Drain clad fiber board on foundation walls to enhance overall water resistance and foundation protection.
- Bungalow - R23 exterior walls - 2” x 4” S.P.F. stud on 16” centers are with 1 ½” (R9) insulated sheathing.
- 2 Storey Homes - 2" x 6" with 1" R6 continuous foam on exterior R20 insulation. Total R26.
- Flat ceilings insulated to R50.
- Vaulted/sloped ceilings (where applicable per plan) are insulated to R54.
- Floor joist are 2" x 10" with bridging, 5/8” tongue & groove spruce plywood for subfloor, glued and reinforced with screws to resists squeaks.
- Engineered roof trusses with ½” plywood sheathing.
- Built up wood & steel beam construction on steel posts.
- Self-sealing high grade architectural profile Owens Corning Oakridge asphalt shingles with manufacturer’s limited lifetime and wind resistance warranty up to 177 km/hr.
- Poured 32mpa concrete porches and garage floors.
- Resilient channel on truss ceiling.
- Underground serviced subdivision (hydro, cable telephone, and natural gas) including paved roads, curbs, storm, sanitary sewer, and water connections.
- Genuine clay brick main floor exterior. Non-brick areas maintenance-free siding or stucco.
- Maintenance-free aluminum soffit, fascia, eaves trough and downspouts.
- Fully sodded lot including boulevard.
- Interlocking walkway to front entry.
- Keystone house numbers.
- Two (2) exterior frost-free hose bibs.
- In-Ground lawn irrigation system for easy care. Comes with a programmable control panel to reduce water costs.
- Two (2) exterior waterproof electrical outlets.
- All exterior colour schemes are architecturally controlled by vendor.
- 120 square foot pressure treated wood deck with stairs and metal pickets to yard as per plan.
- Rough in for gas bbq on deck.
- Front yard landscaping shrub package.
- Driveway to be completed with crushed gravel.
- Maintenance free, prefinished steel, wood grain embossed sectional insulated overhead door(s).
- One automatic garage door opener, ½ hp with belt drive for a smooth and quiet operation, comes with 2 remotes and a keyless entry pad.
- Garage walls next to the house and ceiling are drywalled and taped (1 coat) to seal for emissions
- Electrical outlet(s) supplied for a future electric opener(s)
Exterior Windows and Doors
- High performance EnergyStar windows and sliding glass patio door(s) or French door (where applicable) with Energy Ratings up to 35.
- Maintenance free, vinyl clad, dual-pane low-E insulating glass with argon gas for insulating value to provide long-lasting thermal performance.
- Coloured (earth tones) casement vinyl windows with grills on the front of the house, white vinyl on remaining sides and rear of the house as per plan and specifications.
- Three (3) basement windows (grade permitting)
- All operating windows to have screens.
- Insulated fiberglass entry door and door from garage into home to resists dents and dings from day-to-day use.
- Fashionable designer glass insert on front entry door and sidelites (where applicable) from builder's samples.
- Safe Lock security dead bolt with grip set handle with all locks keyed the same.
Heating and Cooling
- Upgraded EnergyStar KeepRite 96% High Efficiency gas fired forced air furnace with 2 Stage ECM blower, and an easy to use programmable thermostat.
- Supply ductwork is sealed with Pro-Seal premium grade painted duct sealant, with no peel off.
- High Efficiency central air conditioning unit with an EnergyStar rating of 14.0 Seer
- Heat Recovery Ventilation system (HRV) to ensure the benefits of superior indoor air quality. It's installed with independent ductwork provided to the bathrooms and kitchen with an electronic (quiet) timer control button. The main humidistat control is centrally located in the home.
- Natural gas tankless rental hot water heater supplied by EnerCare (formerly Direct Energy).
- Sump pump is connected to the exterior.
- Drain water heat recovery system, passive water heater booster, preheats water on demand.
- 200 amp. Service with circuit breakers, and copper wiring throughout, as per Ontario Hydro standards.
- Smoke detector with strobe light in each bedroom.
- Carbon monoxide detector with strobe light and smoke detector on each floor.
- $1,500 electrical fixture allowance.
- Front entry door chime with lighted LED button.
- White décor light switches and standard white plugs.
- Four outlets in the full unfinished basement in addition to the mechanical room outlets.
- Unfinished basement areas and garage receive a keyless light socket (fixture).
- 9’ main floor ceilings (pending home layouts).
- JELD-WEN interior doors (from Builder's samples).
- Colonial window trim of 2 ¾" and 5 ¼" baseboard.
- Interior door handles are available in knob or lever type, satin nickel, black or oil rubbed bronze.
- Rounded drywall corners and angled baseboard corners in finished areas of home.
- Smooth painted ceilings throughout the home.
- Staircase as per plan with wood hand rail (where applicable) with a choice of metal spindles from builder’s samples.
- Modern wire shelving in all closets.
- Rough-in for future Central Vacuum System, in the finished areas of the home.
- Rough-in five (5) cable television outlets/jacks and five (5) telephone outlets/jacks. Bungalows (4) cable & (4) phone.
- Basement exterior walls strapped with 2x4’s, insulated to R12 full height with 1 1/4" (R5) continuous insulation behind strapping and covered with 6 mil polyethylene.
- Choice of custom designer quality kitchen cabinets.
- 5” crown molding with the kitchen upper cabinets.
- Soft close drawers & doors.
- Islands/peninsula's to have 36" bar top sit ups (where applicable in the home design chosen)
- American Standard pulldown single lever, ceramic valve, washerless faucet with incorporated sprayer.
- Sink has lever water shut-offs under the sink.
- Granite counter tops in the kitchen from builder's samples.
- Double stainless steel bowl kitchen undermount sink.
- Rough-in for dishwasher and over-the-range microwave oven.
- Heavy duty plug receptacle for stove installation.
- Choice of custom designer quality vanity cabinets.
- Laminate countertops from builder’s samples.
- Soft close drawers & doors.
- Ensuite to have porcelain/ceramic tile shower walls with custom glass door, slide bar shower head and a pressure-balanced valve.
- 1 piece Acrylic tub unit with pressure-balanced valve in main bath.
- High quality American Standard white plumbing fixtures in all bathrooms.
- Sinks has lever water shut-offs under the sink.
- Toilets are water saving 4.8L flush and a lined tank.
- American Standard or Equivalent depending on availability single lever, ceramic valve, washerless chrome faucets in all bathrooms.
- Chrome or satin nickel accessories.
- Mirrors above vanities or each sink (where applicable).
- Basement rough-in drains and vents for future 3 piece bathroom.
- Single poly laundry tub with deck faucets (where applicable)
- Sink has lever water shut-offs under the sink.
- Heavy duty receptacle plug for dryer hook-ups.
- 4” dryer vent ducted to the exterior.
- Washer has water shut-offs at counter height.
- All doors and woodwork trim are spray applied with Sherwin & Williams ProMar® 200 Zero VOC Interior Latex semi-gloss paint for ultimate long lasting finish.
- Interior walls and ceilings have two (2) coats of high quality Sherwin & Williams ProMar® 200 Zero VOC environmentally friendly paint after being primed and sanded
- Choice of three (3) neutral colours
- Stylish quality name brand carpets to choose from. 1 colour selection from builder's samples.
- Two Story - Hallways to Bedrooms & Stairs to Upper Floor.
- Bungalow - Bedrooms & Stairs to Basement.
- Prime bonded 10mm thick (7 pound density) carpet cushion to make your carpet feel luxurious. It reduces noise to make your home quieter, it insulates your floors to reduce energy costs, and no ozone-depleting CFCs.
- Choice of imported porcelain/ceramic floor tiles for: foyer, bathrooms, kitchen, and main floor laundry from builder's samples.
- ¾” thick Hardwood with finished flush floor vents which includes Living Rm, Family Rm, Dining Rm areas on main floor of home from builder's samples. Hardwood Flooring is supplied and installed by Gaylord Hardwood Flooring.
- Low VOC
Your Colour Choices
- On site interior designer and colour coordinator to assist your needs.
- Purchaser to have a choice of colours from available samples of the following, unless already ordered or installed:
- Exterior colour package – soffits, fascia, eavestroughs, brick and roof shingles.
- Cabinetry and countertop from vendor’s samples
- Flooring – hardwood, carpet & porcelain/ceramic tile
- Paint – 3 neutral colours
- Tarion Warranty Corporation enrolment fee included.
- Walk-through inspection with the builder prior to closing.
- Home professionally cleaned prior to move in.
- Depending on site conditions, house may be mirror image.
- HST included based on eligibility and rebate assigned to the builder.
Download Home Feature Sheet